WBJEE 2019 will be conducted for B Tech/Arch courses for admissions in institutes located across West Bengal. Candidates who are interested in applying for WBJEE 2019 must check their WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria first. Candidates who meet the relevant requirements based on the WBJEE Eligibility Criteria can start applying for WBJEE 2019 in the month of December 2018. Applications are to be submitted online in the official website of WBJEE 2019. In case any candidate fails to meet the required eligibility requirement, then he/she will be liable for disqualification. Which is why it is mandatory to check the Eligibility Criteria prior to applying in WBJEE 2019. This Article will guide the viewers regarding the eligibility standards laid down by the WBJEE examining committee.
To read about WBJEE 2019 Application form click here
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility
There are many factors that determine the eligibility criteria for appearing in any examinaton. The conditions that WBJEE 2019 Eligibility are based includes Age of the student, Qualifications of the student, Subjects that the student has opted in his last qualfying examination, and marks secured by the student. Based on these criterions, WBJEE decides which candidates are eligible to apply and appear in the WBJEE 2019 Examinations.
Students who are thinking to apply for WBJEE 2019 can check whether they are qualified to do so by looking at the eligibility criteria given below.
- Qualifying Exam : Students must have passes the 10+2 examination from CBSE, ICST, FORW, State Boards, or any other government recognized board.
- Mandatory Subjects : Clearing 10+2 standard from any recognized Board is not enough. Candidates must also have studied and passed Physics and Mathematics. Along with that any of the following would suffice : Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application.
- Qualifying Marks : Now passing 12th with Physics and Mathematics is not enough as students must have scored a certain minimum percentage. The overall 10+2 pass percentage should be more than or equal to 45%. There is a relaxation of 5% for reserved categories.
- Candidate must have scored a minimum of 30% in English.
- For a degree in Marine Engineering, candidates should score a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics taken together in 10 + 2 examination. Also, a minimum of 50% is required in English either in 10th standard or in 12th standard.
- For 5-year Degree Course in Architecture, candidates should score a minimum of 50% is required as aggregate. Also, candidate should either clear the NATA conducted by COA, or Paper 2 from JEE Main 2019.
- Age Factor : Either candidates who have cleared 12th in the year of 2018, or candidates who are pursuing class 12th in the current academic year are eligible to apply for WBJEE 2019. Apart from the that the lower limit for applying is 17 years of age. Although there is no upper limit for applying in WBJEE, candidates interested in Marine Engineering must not be more that 25 years of age.
- Nationality : Candidates should be an Indian Citizen. Apart from that, candidates who are seeking relaxation of reservation on the basis of West Bengal Domicile must produce relevant documents and certificates. Also, candidates who are seeking admissions in Government run institutes also need to prove their West Bengal domicility.
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria, as per the official guidelines, has been updated in this article. Candidates who are applying for WBJEE 2019 can check their WBJEE Eligibiity Criteria 2019 here.